Friday, March 9, 2012

Dooce Community was no help with preventing me from going postal

 Last Friday I had some minor oral surgery that went completely sideways and made me swell up like a mumps patient and lie around moaning in pain. I did that for about four days. So,then I stopped the thing I was doing at the first of the week, which was preventing my couch and my Lortab from being stolen. By sitting on the couch to keep thievy thieves from stealing it, and eating all the Lortab to keep stealy stealers from thieving it. Worked good, too, but I was about to high-security myself into needing a doctor's note to go back. So back I went on Wednesday.
I was sorry I had acted so rashly by nine am. By ten-thirty I was burning up my text message contact boxes, whining to every friend and relative I had that MY FACE HURT  and MY CO WORKER WILL NOT STFU.
I put my earphones in my ears reluctantly, as, ummm, MY FACE HURT and just acted like I turned the music on because I've gotten her to leave me alone before. When I got home that night I posted on dooce community that they needed to think of things I could do to keep from going postal on this harpy. They were all, "Tell her to be quiet."
We are dealing with crazy and annoying of an advanced and higher order here and "shhhh" is not going to cut it. This female has: made repeated racial slurs and ignorant attacks on the President directly to me, AFTER I told her I'd stood in line for hours for the privilege of voting for him, would do it again, and felt it best if we not discuss politics. She fights on the phone with someone EVERY DAY. She will yell at the cable people for cutting off her service for nonpayment for hours and hours and then tell me the story like I am supposed to side with her. Pay your bill, bitch. She seriously just talks to hear herself talk, and will talk to me with my back turned to her even if I am speaking on the phone before she begins a thought. She takes the required beeper off her ample person and leaves it on her desk and goes away for an hour. For some reason, she is the only person who does not get in trouble for not wearing her beeper. She has told me that she peed on her pee pad and just went to the bathroom to change it.
"Be quiet and let me work please" is not going to change her.
I suppose loosening the wheels on her chair would be wrong. Maybe I will just start farting with my earphones in like I don't know I'm doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I get it Loosey - they were so idealistic on dooce. I work with the sweetest woman, but she never shuts up, and if you do call her on it, she will launch into how "I am lucky that she has been so nice to ME, and how I need to watch it with her". Seriously? tejo14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Srsly. She did get pissed at me about something and gave me the silent treatment for two weeks. Bad thing is she started talking again today. Kill me.

    ReplyDelete