Monday, September 27, 2010

Don't talk with your mouth full

It cooled off a lot last night and I left the back door open this morning for the air. The critters have been enjoying strolling in and out, even lazy old lady dog. I was answering a friend's email when I heard ginger boy cat enter by the open door, meowing almost continuously, unusual for him. He usually just calls once and purrs. I got up to see what had him so excited. Oh, dude.
  Not again.
Well, it was really a squirrel this time, and it was all dead. Ginger cat usually does not allow himself to be carried but I was steadily fussing and he was concentrating on not dropping his big ole dead squirrel so out the two of them went the way they came. Slam went the door behind the pair of them.
So much for relaxing enjoyment of the three days of fall weather we get here. I do have one window that is not painted shut, that will have to do. Until a dead possum dragged by a cat comes in it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment