Sunday, April 11, 2010

Leukotrine inhibitors and the single girl

So I begged some Singulair out of my primary doc when I got to wheezing a little over a week ago. I felt better, less wheezing, less overall-achy, in just a few hours. Then about five more days went by and I suddenly realized: gone. Abdominal pain that's kept me sitting down for months, gone. I have done more housecleaning and actually mowed the yard over a period of three days. I think OoA#2 is a little confused at how cheerful it has made me not to have constant bellyache. The steroids have made me gain even more weight, so now I'm going to wean off them, they weren't helping anyhow. And I don't have to have that glass of wine just to be able to swallow dinner, which is helpful to the budget.  My GI doc now thinks the mysterious auto-immune illness that caused all the trouble is mastocytosis, which is sort of like being allergic to yourself; he is calling the allergy/immunology guy at the teaching hospital to see if I can get in to see him. Meanwhile, I suddenly feel like shopping. Very uncharacteristic.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! It's so great that you are coming back to life!

    Are you pursuing the neuro stuff? I will probably call you today, catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still have twitches in my face and muscle spasms in a lot of places, and weird dizzy spells. And I took myself off the Topamax and my hands and feet still tingle. The fatigue is a lot better but I still flag out super easy, especially in a little heat.

    ReplyDelete