Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shit that doesn't even happen to other people

My RSD leg has been acting up badly since I have been going to yoga class.  Horrendous muscle spasms. The neurologist says there's nothing to do for them except take muscle relaxers and keep going to class, just do less. Really severe muscle spasms, hip to toe. Hurts like a mother, and have been keeping me up from about four in the morning on. This morning the numbing pads weren't helping, and I draped my side over a big body pillow because the spasms were spreading up to my lats in my back. Kind of a contortion, but it was oddly comfortable and I got another hour of sleep. When I got up, I was standing up, talking on the phone and just turned my head in a normal fashion---and started screaming. I had to put the phone down for a while and try to fix what had gone wrong. A rib, about three or four down from my neck, had subluxed from its attachment to my spine. Holy shit. I had to get off the phone and do some serious contortions to get that mean fucker back where it belonged. and it offered to slip back out about ten more times in the next few hours. If you had looked into my kitchen you would have seen a big old woman in a vintage red nylon nightgown, doing a slow-motion version of the hokey-pokey.  I could not figure out how the hell such a thing happens but the only reason I can come up with is, I shoved my ribs up lying with that pillow under them and stretched a ligament. Lesson learned.
I am going to get into a wine bottle and not get out for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment