Saturday, June 19, 2010

Big Gay Sam, come in please

So I got on here and started yacking when I met a great guy on the Dooce Community who called himself Big Gay Sam. He encouraged me...hell, told me how to set it up. I loved talking to him through the community and loved his blog. A kinder, funnier person I've never seen online. Anyway, some members of the DC got their collective heads up their butts the other day and posted a huge, unpleasant list of hatefulness. He got fed up and quit and now we can't even see his hilarious and sweet blog.  The two-hundred-fifty-plus of us who followed him on there are totally sad. We all hope he will come on one of our blogs and let us know how to keep in contact with him; maybe send us a link to his new blog if he starts one.
Sam...I was so miserable all fall and talking to you all night on the DC, when I hurt too much to sleep, was such a lifesaver for me. Maurina, Mihow, and firecat and I all wish and hope to hear from you again.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT?! People. Piss. Me. Off. (BGS, we miss you. We miss your Navajo burgers. And delicious hare. Know that there are more nice people out here than, well, not nice ones.) Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it sucks. He was totally the funniest person on there, and nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam I hope you contact one of us at some point - we miss you SO MUCH....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too!

    Sam, get in touch with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss him too :( I keep hoping the link will work when I try it randomly, or that maybe he just took his index page down and that the rest of the site is up so I can find a backlink... someone posted yesterday that they were trying to move to NM and I almost started crying :(
    ATXG

    ReplyDelete