Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Terrific Day

I shook off the yucky week I had and went to sushi with an old friend today. We talked and ate and had a great time. I had put some ribs on to cook before I went, with the Dixie Dust rub my sis brought me. I put some great cole slaw together when I got back from lunch and OoA#2 had handled up on getting the jetski working again after last week's epic fail. We scooted on out to the lake, drove the jetski around, and ate the ribs and slaw inside with some super cold beer. After eating, we both went around the lake fast, and I took the last turn while he went to put the truck in the ramp. The water gets really glassy right before sundown, and going over 40 mph across the water is about as happy as I can get; blue sky, pink and gold sunset, warm wind and cool spray. I start grinning until my teeth dry out and I am all Cheshire Cat across the water like a truly strange purple and red bat out of hell. It makes everything stop hurting. I wish I could live on the water and jetski every day at sunset.

2 comments:

  1. It's great you had a fun day! Good thing the jetski is working..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. Really made the nerves in my right arm and leg hurt, but sfw. Not telling him it made things worse, either.

    ReplyDelete