Saturday, June 12, 2010

More Stories about Airports and Hotels

It's Groundhog Day again, back to disguising my contempt for TSA agents and wishing the guy in the seat next to mine had better manners or thinner thighs. Work is walking through hospitals, giving the same inservice over and over, rattling it off with the same jokes in the same place every time. My perfectly beautiful new room in the Residence Inn was riddled with formaldehyde; to stay in it the first night I had to drive to Wal-Mart and buy candles to burn up all the fumes. Now that my eyelids are not swollen to bulging, it is very nice to look at, and is nearly the size of my house. Super spiffy stainless fridge and granite countertops. Muuuuch fancier than my house. But I won't miss it when I go back to my shabby house, not one bit. And I got canceled for next week so I will be hard at work trying to get a job that will let me keep the shabby house. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. whatever the description of the house is, it now has a clean kitchen. Hope it is still that way when you get home.

    ReplyDelete