Monday, May 24, 2010

Long Marching

There was a lot of "weaselly fucker" mumbling in Atlanta when Delta canceled my connecting flight, offered me a  substitute flight out the next night, and wouldn't try to get me my suitcase. So a few hours in the Renaissance Hotel and a 7 am flight out the next day on a different airline didn't really help. And the first day walking around the hospital, teaching, was brutal with the foot pain. But yesterday I pulled out a big bag of pain control tricks; a huge increase in my night medicine, some anti-inflammatory gel I haven't used lately, and my TENS unit stuck to all the nerve pathways in the bad right leg. The big hospital I had to do was actually super nice and very manageable, and my feet never started the horrible screaming, crushed sensation. I'm going for another pool swim and hope today goes as well too; this is a big job in terms of daily hours over six days, but I really needed the money. Two down, four to go, c'mon pain relief strategies. I am thinking of getting hypnotized when I get home to help with the RSD pain; since the neuropathy has no cause, maybe I can block it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just happy that you can work. The pain sucks but at least you are able to stand up and walk around. Post often so we will know you are still making it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, Loosey! I had no idea you been going through all this. I'll be thinking of you!

    ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ

    ReplyDelete