Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Sound of a Door Closing

I was denied accomodation at my place of employment. They told me I was on my own to get another job in the company that would let me work 8-hr days instead of the twelves I just can't do any more. I got one of the two interviews I requested; the lady just gave me a courtesy call to let me know she had a better match for the job, someone with specific experience to that office. So I'll be terminated at my present job on Friday.
Yesterday, I interviewed with a different company, and the boss was very nice and seemed anxious to solve the two internal problems to my hire, as I would be able to work without training and take over her supervisory role at another facility. I sure hope that is my window opening. She said she would let me know Friday.
There aren't any more openings in town for the specialty that I want, and chances are the place I just interviewed with would not hire a certified person over me, that they would go with a lower-cost person, so I couldn't go get the job a certified person left. I am going to have to travel or relocate if I don't get this job.
I feel oddly calm about all this. Somehow, I'm sure it's the right decision, and I will somehow get a job I can physically do and enjoy.
Here's hoping for the sound of a large window opening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I'm sure this will be an excellent change once things settle down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your mouth to God's ear! I know it's the right thing, I only started feeling human two weeks ago, and I'm still pretty low on stamina.

    ReplyDelete