Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BAT=Big-Ass Truck

So OaA#1 and I arrive at the Penske rental place today and the only thing they have to carry a car is hooked up to this one enormous truck, like a two-story truck. It was seriously like 45 feet long. We clutched each other in horror, eyes bulging, and squeaked, "Is that our truck? Holy shit!"
It wasn't our truck. Our truck was big-ass enough, and the car thingie we ordered didn't come in, we are going back tomorrow to see if we can get it. We had BAT driving practice today and while not fun, it wasn't as bad as we were afraid. So, there were two miracles today.
One, her father, whom we have seen, um, four times in the past ten years, showed up, early, and loaded, cheerfully, everything. EVERYTHING. Furniture, boxes, clothes, go to the storage room and give her his sofabed, everything.
Two, the insurance guy I have been pestering about my disability claim called, saying it was approved and he was going to be sending me two checks so that my payments would start from when I got fired. If that money comes through, it will be a couple of months grace period to keep working on finding a job without being homeless in the process. Not worrying so much about money made me feel like a different person. Now, starting tomorrow, I am a BAT out of hell cross-country driver!

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Glad it's starting so well. Y'all be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for good things happening! Drive carefully.

    ReplyDelete