Saturday, July 10, 2010

More Nibbles

I am getting my hair cut Monday for a job interview on  Tuesday. It's with my former employer, and basically seems to entail reading charts to look for more things to bill insurance companies. It pays a fraction of my former wage, but would keep the house going for a while, and give me a chance to pass my boards in the new specialty; I might have better luck finding work in that after October at that point. The other nibble is yet another possible travel job; it's across the country in the wrong direction from my kid, is for two months only, but the pay is pretty good; I'd be home by late September and it would pay enough to give me a cushion through October to pass my boards and try to get a real job.
Either one of these jobs will make me feel like my cat when he catches a live cicada; sure there is an accomplishment here but very vague on what it is.

3 comments:

  1. I vote for the local job. Go girl! I'm worried about the travel job due to your health. If the reading charts job is a sit-down, 8-5, it sounds like the perfect thing to give you time to study for those boards. It's gotta be better than my 20-hr a week insurance company gig than I did for 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the vote for the local job. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crickets for both of them. On to the next big thing.

    ReplyDelete