Thursday, April 7, 2011

I love my new endocrinologist

She is tiny and lovely, and asks very good questions. And has patience with my bad memory. She seems rawther smart as well, and is of the opinion that my big health disaster of 09 was caused by the iodine in all the CTs setting off my Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Something about all that iodine triggering my immune system to attack my already feeble thyroid with renewed ferocity. That's the first time a doctor has told me I had Hashimoto's instead of garden variety hypothyroidism. Supposedly the lab work I did the other day showed it. She is changing my thyroid medicine up and giving me more of it, and has scheduled me for more labs and a remote followup. There was some harrumphing on her part about my TSH being at the high end of normal, she doesn't think the lab normal is right and wants to bring it right down. So we will see. She does think the weight gain is post starvation syndrome and that the no-starch plan is a good one but wants me to supplement with mega doses of Vitamin D and B12. A girl after my sister's chiropractor's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment