Monday, April 4, 2011

Today's Win and Fail

The win, I guess, was that I found this to be funny: Worthless supposed co-worker listens in on a phone conversation. I tell the person on the other line how his goal would be achieved, what I can do to help, where I am putting the paperwork, and the caveats on whether or not it is possible. I take his number and promise to let him know what I find out after he leaves me the paperwork.
I hang up, reach for my portfolio to take his paperwork out and start to fill it out.
Worthless supposed co-worker, whose job this actually is but whom I have stopped asking because she won't do ANYTHING, says, "Oh, I have three things to do upstairs so I will let you handle that."
Hahahahaha hilarious. Hilarious because her job description is basically to handle six to eight things a day, not three for fuck's sake, I have three besides my job description. Also hilarious because, how the fuck is she letting me handle anything when I was ALREADY DOING IT ALL.
Win because I let my face say it all and refrained from any speech, gesture, nod, or eye contact. She just finally walked off.
Today's fail was walking outside and seeing a lady in a pink housecoat smoking twenty feet from the front door. Yeah, that's against the rules, so what, the security guards come out like twice a day and run off the foul Newport addicts. The fail part is that she was sitting on a wall and had something sitting next to her. Actually, it was sitting by her, all green and shiny, with a tube going to her nose. Yep, she was smoking, outside the hospital doors, on oxygen. Our oxygen. We are a gazillion million dollars in the hole and some goofy nurse hooked this idiot up with a nasal cannula, a twenty-pound oxygen cylinder, and a rolling cart to go outside and play demolition grandma.  Good thing it was windy today.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the nurse had it in for the old bat. I was amazed, in new employee orientation at Touro, the emphasis on firefighting readiness, even for office workers. Apparently people liked to set themselves on fire pretty often in hospital rooms, sneaking cigs while on oxygen. I learned (and promptly forgot) how to turn off the oxygen in a hospital room.

    ReplyDelete