Friday, December 10, 2010

Annoyance Proof

Sadly, the other job did not materialize. Sigh. And I paid the bills and my money is gone, and it's twenty days until I get paid again. So that does suck. Next month they will take out retirement and shit and I'll have even less to live on.  Life on the state tit is not that pretty. But! And that is a great big but!!!!
My boss cut me a huge break and after another hellish week on the most fucked-up service in the hospital, I get to change Monday to a different service. No kids to break my heart, no politics and weirdness and people who have been there thirty years and want me to do their fucking work for them and get totally fucking hostile when I just politely ask them to do the parts it's not legal for me to do. Like write prescriptions. So all the stupid stuff that happened today was just minor, and sort of funny to me. Some of it was surreal, but it was going to be SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM at four-thirty so I just documented the surreality of it and went on. My cubicle mate asking me to spell myasthenia gravis and then telling me it didn't look right and looking it up and finding it was right, (dumbass, I wouldn't have told you if I didn't know) was just kind of cute in its stupidity. The spellcheck on here doesn't know it either.  So, yay for the weekend, boo for putting a little bit of Christmas on a credit card I shouldn't use, and hoo-fuckin-ray for getting on a medicine service that is just routine with minimal psycho personalities.
Plus my doctor found me some probiotics that taught my colon to make a few poo shaped poop and that although painful to the lining of said colon being grossly unused to anything in there but goop for years, was somehow cheering. It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment