Saturday, December 4, 2010

Groundhog Week

I broke up my week with a job interview and a doctor visit. Otherwise the days are running into each other in a haze of swollen face misery from the bad air quality in the hospital and throbbing pain in my feet from the long hikes. The medicine isn't working as well as it did, either, and I have had about three flares this week with headfog and excruciating muscle spasms and the horrible, crushing fatigue. I wonder if having a job I didn't hate would make me feel better or if it would be harder to be enthusiastic about work and be sick. If they offer me the job I interviewed for it will be something to think about. More money now, but no gravy-train state retirement later. Added bonus, of course, of not having one's soul killed by repetitive and useless phone and paperwork tasks. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment