Friday, March 12, 2010

Hissyface

I have been sleeping with my CPAP machine this week. It is going pretty well. There are still some odd moments when I have to wake up to turn over but now I am going right back to sleep, which is very unusual. I feel better in the morning so I think I am finally getting some rest. Well, I know I am; the sleep study said I was choking myself more than 20 times an hour without the thing. The odd 4 am abdominal pain and general peristalsis party that the GI doctor is concerned about continues, however. What I really can't believe about it is that my wary, street-smart alleycat who loves to sleep next to me on the kitten blanket the kind lady got for him when he was feral does not mind the thing. I put it on and have this harness all around my head and this  hissing hose coming off my nose and he just pretends like everything is normal; the first time, he gave it a wide berth but still came and slept by me and now just stomps across my stomach to his place like nothing. I thought the first time it blew on him he would be all claws and distress and he just turns over and purrs. Evidently not having me snore is a huge payoff even for the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment