Thursday, March 25, 2010

Win

I passed my final with flying colors, albeit some panic the day before and some glitches immediately prior. Actually brought my grade up in the class, which is saying something for the power of not overthinking your answers on a multiple choice test that you have studied your ass off for. I am waiting for the stress relief to magically heal up my guts and make my limbs stop twitching also. C'mon, magic. The new CPAP mask, while not magic at all, has me sleeping until five every morning and then going back to sleep until eight. That's an improvement. I'm super surprised I don't feel a lot better in consequence, but we will see. Right now the pollen count is making me feel like I'm allergic to my bones or something. So, magic...c'mon. Meanwhile, back off to the pool. I am swimming five minutes and walking five for a total of at least 30 minutes every day, which is pretty great when you consider I couldn't swim half a lap two months ago. It's not where I thought I'd be...c'mon magic.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I don't think I can swim 5 and walk 5 in the water right now. I made it up from basement to 4th floor on the stairs twice today. Got winded at 2nd, had to stop at 3rd, lean against the wall, then stop at the 4th landing to catch breath before going in. Still fat, still out of condition. I'm allergic in every pore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still have to stop after 10-12 steps going up; the hockey rink is still a challenge and requires planning. But I was only making it 4 steps in Jan-Feb, so all progress is good, right? The steroids are killing the nausea fairly well and slowly making me fat again. I'm still on about 1800 calories/day but I'm gaining fat around the middle even with all the extra activity. I bought Pedialyte to try to kill the dizziness and tingling; not working yet. I am going to start back on the recumbent bike today and see if the activity makes me feel ill again, something to tell the neurologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulling for that magic for you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! All helpful spells appreciated!

    ReplyDelete