Sunday, October 24, 2010

New things are awesome

My poor feet are killing me. It's really got me worried; I only walked around the hospital a little bit Friday and excruciating foot pain does not begin to convey how they hurt. They have started doing the turning-purple thing again too, which they had eased up on. I'm pretty concerned that the bad sprain on the left one has triggered the reflex sympathetic dystrophy on both sides. I am going to try to rush through my orientation to see if maybe I can get established on my floor; other case managers have the whole hospital but I am going to be assigned to peds so maybe it will limit the hiking. When money starts coming in I think I will give my acupuncturist a shot at the rsd.
On a happy note, OaA#2 is currently replacing the shutoff valves for my bathroom fixtures prior to replacing the new toilet. He has tiled almost the whole bathroom floor so now I have beautiful cottage style white mosaic that replaces the former horrid Pepto pink mosaic. The toilet had to be replaced because there was a large crack in the base of the old one and we were afraid it would go through once the toilet was re-installed. Here's hoping the new one has a better flush as advertised.
Also new is my fine new skill of peeing standing up. While the toilet has been missing this weekend, I have had to pee in a ziplock freezer bag a few times. I love peeing standing up. I want a girl urinal. Do they make girl urinals? They should.

3 comments:

  1. skilz. This is almost TMI - why couldn't you pee in the bathtub, or stay at OOA#2's house where there is functioning plumbing? Or pee in a 5 gallon bucket with toilet seat topper? I never would have thought of a ziploc bag. Floor looks very nice but I think I will still miss the pink. Yay for new shutoff valves. It is such an insecure feeling to have corroded shutoff valves.

    I am so sorry about the feet. I hope you can get relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine going without a toilet for a weekend a few weeks ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeing in the bathtub skeeves me out. I know that's stupid but still. Plus he was in there working a lot and the floor had wet tile. I didn't want a fancy thing I had to clean. No, it would have been unimaginable to be without a toilet in three-minute access three weeks ago. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete