Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rip Van Winkle rides a bike

Thursday I rode my bike about half a mile. Friday, a mile. Today, two miles.
Nothing bad happened. No muscle spasms, no gut explosions.
I ate three meals today. And a snack.
I haven't had breakfast, lunch, and dinner without nausea and gut pain for eighteen months, and I quit trying to eat three meals a day a year ago this week.
So today was coffee and steel-cut oats. No problem. Leftover Chinese shrimp from last night's meal for lunch, no problem, a handful of almonds in the afternoon before dinner, no problem, pulled pork nachos and bean soup for dinner with a lot of salsa. No problem. Chocolate after lunch and dinner, too, dammit.  I thought I'd forgotten how to want food.
All I want to do is eat. That's going to be a problem.
I'm going to need to ride that bike farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment