Thursday, January 14, 2010

Holy Shit

I almost never remember a dream. Maybe one dream every five years or so. And they are either hopelessly mundane...shopping for groceries...or eerily prophetic. The other day I had a dream that ended with butterflies, surrounded by crystal blue clean water. It wasn't drowning them, they were all happy. When I woke up, I had the strongest urge to stop lying on the couch all day and get the doc to say I could join the gym and try to get some strength back in the pool. Right now I can't sit up more than half an hour or stand more than five minutes before my belly hurts so badly I feel faint. I'm super deconditioned from sitting down with my legs stuck out for two months, and the only time I feel human is in the bathtub. So, he said it couldn't hurt. Right after he said he didn't have any ideas for medicine that would help, and had I thought about going to the surgeon to get the bad parts removed. Turned him down on that one, not lusting an ileostomy bag right this second.
Anyway, I went to the health club and made inquiries. They figured a way to get me the low rate and not pay the intro fee, and asked me into the office to start the paperwork. On the wall was a huge collage of photos of glistening tropical butterflies, about twenty of them; the manager's favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Spooky. I hope it works out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Paperwork at MD's office, so I have to keep after her to sign it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow is that odd and cool all at the same time. Sounds like your calves are wanting to get all toned again! Good luck to you! I love reading your answers on Dooce Community. :)

    ReplyDelete