Monday, January 18, 2010

What was that

All kinds of crazy stuff goes on at night around here. Harley cat purrs as loud as his namesake, right by my head, if he is favoring me with his presence. Old dog may get a stomachache and whine to be let out. And my insides do crazy stuff that makes me wake up sweating, something to do with sympathetic nervous system. I just feel grateful the nausea has calmed down a lot, that made it all a lot worse. I "sleep" (using the term lightly) on piles of fake featherbeds to try to keep my joints from getting levered out of place when I turn over, and I put an electric mattress pad to try to keep my leg temperature even, as the RSD makes them go cold/hot in a startling and disturbing fashion. There are about two comfortable positions, and those often make me wake up with my arms "asleep", which weirds me out completely.
Yesterday we were busy; I worked on some KP and then had to do some repair on some sheetrock, a roof leak had made a ceiling piece moldy. AoO#2 replaced it with liberal use of Moldstat in the hole, but he can't tape and float. He had to supervise in case I fell off the ladder from raising my arms and fainting, but I did some pretty good corner taping and floating. I thought I was going to feel horrible today even though I wore a respirator mask to do the work. Usually,I can't stand up for more than ten minutes without feeling beaten up. I just made taco soup for dinner because I was planning to be knocked out after that and knew it only had to be minimally stirred, possibly from the stool, and not necessarily by me. But it wasn't that hard. And I went to bed early, which I usually dread because I hate lying there, hurting, and was able to fall asleep pretty well.
So I was sleeping, sort of, and I felt the strangest sensation. All over. It felt like feeling human or something. They are postulating some kind of adrenal auto-immune problem that felled me back in October, and this felt like an adrenaline rush, but a good one. Just like, feeling strong enough to do something.  It was odd, not really like a dream. When the critters started mobilizing for me to get up this morning and whoever that is who calls and hangs up on the machine all day started up, I was a little afraid to get up; didn't want to lose that feeling of well-being.
Today I did a class assignment without getting too frustrated once. Two loads of laundry without wanting to cry or curl up. And tidied a room without having to go lie down that second. That hasn't happened in three months. Whoa. I still feel super weak but thinking of things I need to do isn't nearly as bad as it was even Saturday. Maybe my immune system decided to call a truce on my adrenals? I sure hope so. I could use the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment